- 4 slices of stale bread
- 2 lbs of hamburger meat
- 2 raw egs
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Wet 4 slices of stale bread with water (enough so that you have to almost wring out the bread…gross I know).
2. Finely chop half a green bell pepper.
3. Finely chop a yellow/white onion.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the 2 lbs of raw hamburger meat, 2 raw eggs, chopped green bell pepper, chopped onion, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, pepper, seasoning salt. Use (washed or gloved) hands to mix everything together.
5. Add wet ingredients: canned milk and tomato sauce. Mix well with hands.
6. Break the batch up into two even sections and mold each section into even loaves in a large pyrex pan.
7. Bake at 425 F for 30 min.
8. In a separate bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients.
9. Generously pour the glaze over the top of the meatloaves and place back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
10. Allow it to cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply