Happy Friday Everyone!
This week’s #FixItFriday is all about the love shack! Maximizing space and updating their look was our client’s top priority during their complete home makeover. However, the couple had one distinct request, pay special attention to the one room they could call their own: the master bedroom. I needed to address some of the apparent challenges to the room, and take them head on. The room had randomly placed windows, a sliding glass door, vaulted ceilings and upper niche cut outs – the combination of these things all contributed to the visual roller coaster one felt when entering the room. There was just no place for the eye to rest. Want to see what I did to transform this room?! Scroll on down 🙂 Oh and ps, Im going to link some of the similar items from this room that I found online incase you wanted to try to implement this look in your own home, enjoy!
5 Changes I Made:
- I sandwiched a row of low voltage lights between two walls of fabric to create the perfect backdrop and focal point for the new king size bed. I hung a few mirrored strands to add a romantic shimmer behind the sheer fabric.
- I added modern drapery with black out lining that covered the remaining doors and windows, allowing them to control the amount of natural light that came into the space. These black out drapes also camouflaged the mismatched windows and neutralized the ceiling heights.
- I painted the walls a Smokey Azure color (similar found here).
- Added a plush carpet that made the room feel extra luxurious.
- Last, but not least, I completed the room with matching night stands and modern lamps to bring the perfect balance to the space, its all about that symmetry 🙂
1. Upholstered Bed / 2. Upholstered Bench / 3. Side Tables / 4. Side Table Lamps / 5. Mirror Tray / 6. Bench Tray / 7. Curtains / 8. Bedding / 9. Wool Lumbar Pillow / 10. Mineral Blue Dot Pillow / 11. Turquoise Printed Pillow / 12. Trim Linen Pillow / 13. Chinchilla Faux Fur Pillow / 14. Silver Taffeta Pillow / 15. Plated Photo Frames / 16. Wales Grey Paint (not pictured)