Happy Friday! Today’s focus is on one of my older projects. It was a tract home with an incredibly disproportionate and awkward built-in in the family room. I don’t know why home builders ALWAYS build built ins that aren’t symmetrical. It drives me NUTS! SO– what are the different things you would fix in this room? Here is what we ended up with:
5 Changes I made:
- Closed off the doorway to center the fireplace and bring some symmetry to the built-in
- Added some texture to the fireplace with our favorite Eldorado Stone, lined with modern molding
- Removed the yellow color on the walls and painted them a fresh taupey grey (Pashmina by Benjamin Moore)
- Brought in a pop of color with the red (or as I call it, poppy orange) window treatments — from the top of the ceiling to the floor
- Added a conversational area in the brown, natural tones and threw in a few pillows and accessories to tie in the poppy orange color!
To see more before and after photos of this room click here!
Leave a Reply