We’re taking Fix it Friday to the bedroom! Here is the before picture of my client’s muted aqua master bedroom. The clients wanted an updated bedroom while still keeping their bedroom furniture and their bedding. As you can see, they had symmetry with their matching night stands and lamps, but still something was off with the space. What 5 things would you do to fix this space?
5 Changes I Made:
- Painted the room a warm grey color and added white crown molding to the perimeter
- Brought symmetry to the room by adding a window to the right and hanging floor to ceiling window treatments on each with one long pole. We also added a focal point to the center of the windows with that gorgeous beveled mirror above the bed
- Installed a floor to ceiling wardrobe system over the right side window for extra organization AND lined it with mirror to make the room look larger
- Ghost coated the existing bed and night stands a darker espresso color and cut down the two poles at the end to make the room feel more inviting
- We replaced the ceiling fan with canned lights to brighten up the existing bedding and highlight the new throw pillows
Leave a Reply