Working on numerous family homes over the years has led me to discover a common denominator with many kids/preteens. They hate doll houses and Mickey Mouse decals and LOVE bright colors and polka dots. This specific tween daughter of one of our clients wanted a bright and energetic room with a serious update in decor.
What are 5 things you would have changed in this room?
Take a look at the 5 things I changed for her room below:
5 Changes I Made…
- Painted the walls an energizing lime green and deep turquoise color
- Added an abstract piece of wall art above the bed with matching colors in the bedding with some fun polka dot pillows and throws
- Installed a mirrored Ikea wardrobe system with a build in window seat in between with added storage components
- Achieved a grown up look with sophisticated symmetry by adding in two night stands with matching lamps on either side of the bed
- Hung a fun round flower chandelier in the center of the room