Today’s #FixItFriday is all about the KITCHEN! I think kitchens are one of the most remodeled rooms in the house – its just one of those rooms that everyone in the family ends up hanging out in! Today I wanted to share one of our kitchen remodels from a project a few years back. This was a traditional tract home that we worked on, and actually remodeled the whole house (I will link the other before and after images from some of the other rooms below as well!)
If you’re new to #FixItFriday, this is a post that we encourage all of you to give your two cents on what YOU would have done to make improvements on the space! Leave us your design ideas in the comments below! To see the 5 things I changed in this kitchen, scroll down 🙂
- Removed all the cupboards above the stove top open up the room and replaced them with fresh, modern subway tiles and an inlay of artistic tile.
- Replaced the generic stove and range hood with a sleek modern stainless steel look
- Tore out the existing countertops and replaced them with marble looking granite. TIP: Marble is beautiful but its terrible to use in the kitchen because it is a softer stone and can stain easily, I recommend that you pick a granite that looks like marble, like the one we used here. Achieve the look while still being functional – husbands will love that! I intentionally made the main countertop different than the island countertop to add a different element to the look.
- Reinstalled new modern cabinets and painted them white top brighten up the space and create a calm and refreshing atmosphere
- Installed spot lighting to highlight the beautiful pattern in the artistic tile. I also installed this beautiful crystal chandelier to add a little bit of Hollywood Glam spice to this modern kitchen.
Watch the reveal video of this house here: