The yummiest day of the year is quickly approaching! After spending hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm you want to make sure the fruits of your labor are beautifully presented and visually appealing for your guests. Since you have already spend hours in the kitchen, the last thing you need is a complicated centerpiece! Problem solved, we have the easiest centerpiece idea for you today that you can make in minutes! Look no further than your local grocery store, all of the materials are extremely accessible. Take a look:
- 3 bottles (wine bottles if you have them)
- A funnel (or you can improvise like we did, see below)
- 3 different types of florals/festive branches (we used green trick, ornamental eggplant, and some red/orange natural flower fillers)
Step 1: Wrap the bottles together
- Use about 20 feet of twine to wrap the bottles together. Start with the first bottle and then weave in and out of the next two. Use the rest of the twine to wrap around the outside of all your bottles to pull them tightly together. Just tie a small knot wherever the twine ends
Step 2: Fill the bottles
- Use a funnel to carefully pour water into the bottles. We didn’t have a funnel, so we improvised and made one out of a plastic champagne glass!
- Remove the stand on the glass and cut down on the end with your scissors. Twist the plastic glass in-between the scissors until they cut through.
- Wallah! You have a funnel!
- Pour the water into the first bottle until the waterline hides behind the twine. Repeat this on all of the bottles.
Step 3: Arrange your flowers
- Stand your flowers next to the bottle to decide how tall you want the stems to be.
- Cut where needed, keeping in mind that it looks best to have a few stems shorter to fill in the front of the bottle.
- Just add in the ornamental eggplant stock in the middle and the “green tick” flowers in the front and you’re done!
- You can always add a few more festive decorations to pull it all together! Though I look a little nervous and confused, I was quite please with how it all turned out!