This fun and easy santa beard is the perfect Christmas project to do with your kids, classroom (if you’re a teacher), or even something fun to make for a tacky christmas sweater party! Heres what you will need:
- White felt
- Beard template
- Cotton balls
- Hot glue gun
- Eyelets (optional)
Step 1: Shape your beard
- Download and print out this santa/seven dwarf beard template from PagingSupermom.com
- Cut out the beard and trace it onto your sheet of white felt
- Cut out your felt beard
Step 2: Size & Secure Your Beard
- Lay out the flat felt beard and measure how much elastic you will need (ear to ear going behind your head)
- There are two ways to attach the elastic, depending on how durable you want your beard to be. We were in a time crunch to make these so I skipped the eyelet step and just cut a small hole in the top corners of the beard so I could simply tie the elastic in around them.
- To tie the elastic, make sure you push the elastic in through the back so that your knot is on the outer edge and so the end of the elastic falls in and downward and not out to the side or front.
Step 3: Grow Your Beard
- Using a hot glue gun, add a glob of hot glue along the edges in a row formation. Add your cotton balls on as you glue.